Engineered hardwood floors are an excellent option to achieve the look and feel of natural hardwood without the disadvantages of cost and installation limitations. However, you will need to know how to clean engineered hardwood floors to maintain their natural luster and appeal for many years to come.
Here, you will learn some essentials for cleaning engineered hardwood floors and other valuable information about this type of flooring.
How to Clean Pre-Engineered Hardwood Floors
Caring for engineered wood flooring is essentially the same as caring for other wood flooring types. Here are some essential tips to keep in mind when it comes to engineered hardwood floor cleaning:
- Sweep Regularly: Sweeping dust, dirt, and debris periodically is the simplest and best way to clean engineered hardwood floors. It prevents these contaminants from being ground underneath your feet into the floor surface, creating scratches and promoting premature wear.
- Use a Damp Mop: After sweeping or vacuuming your engineered hardwood floor, wipe it with a wet mop to give it an appealing shine.
- Deep Clean Occasionally: Deep cleaning engineered hardwood floors every few months will help eliminate any build-up of dirt that is too small to sweep, vacuum, or mop away during regular cleaning. Contact a professional if you don’t know how to perform engineered hardwood floor cleaning.
Tips on How to Clean Shaw Engineered Wood Floors
You should keep the following do’s and don’ts of cleaning engineered hardwood floors in mind to ensure you don’t damage your beautiful floors:
- Do not use harsh cleaners
- Sweep, mop, and let your floor dry daily
- Use a broom or vacuum to eliminate dirt
- Clean water and other spills immediately
- Use mats, rugs, or runners in high-traffic areas to minimize wear.
Advantages of Installing Engineered Hardwood Flooring
There are many advantages of installing engineered wood flooring instead of solid hardwood floors. The primary benefit is that engineered hardwood floors are budget-friendly. They are also available in a wide selection of colors, finishes, and board sizes, so you can easily find what suits your needs.
This flooring type is also durable. The multiple-layer construction gives the floorboards the robustness and finish of solid hardwood. Another great advantage of engineered hardwood floors is that they are easy to install and can suit every home.
Engineered Hardwood Floors – Cost-Effective
Unlike solid hardwood, engineered hardwood flooring is cost-effective. While there are high-end options with rare wood species for veneer finish, you will still pay less than you would spend for a solid wood counterpart. You can find several elegant options and competitive prices.
The cost to install engineered hardwood floors is also much lower than solid wood flooring. This flooring is also low-maintenance and usually lasts for many years without the need for repairs. Now that you know how to clean engineered hardwood floors, you can feel confident installing them in your home.
Engineered hardwood floors are a budget-friendly alternative to solid hardwood flooring. Knowing how to clean engineered hardwood floors will ensure they look their best for many years. Remnant King Carpets offers a wide selection of choices if you want to transform your home with engineered hardwood floors. Call 206-789-7533 for a free quote or visit our showroom in Everett today.